Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Reading list for 2010

Here is a list of books and their authors that I intend to read in 2010. I hope that reading these will improve my understanding of the world around me and provide me with some much needed inspiration. You might notice that almost all of them are science books. I spent the better part of the last two years reading books by Osho, Robin Sharma, Deepak Chopra, Dalai Lama and Gurcharan Das. I even read Dan Brown's "The Lost Symbol". I feel that there has been an over-dosage of "meta-physics" and "philosophy". A stiff dosage of science is required to restore some balance! Some of these are classics worth reading multiple times. I hope to be able to lay my hands on most of them. Wish me luck! I might even blog about some of the "interesting" things I learn from these books.

I'm considering taking a vacation to do this as well. I hope that the recession thing is done with and one can hope to live a little again; Rather than work one's butt off in perpetual fear of the axe.

A Short History of Nearly Everything Bill Bryson
Dragons of Eden Carl Sagan
Cosmos Carl Sagan
Mind's I Daniel Dennet and Douglas Hofstader
Stumbling on Happiness Daniel Gilbert
Godel Escher Bach Douglas Hofstader
Blackholes and Warped Spacetime Kip Thorne
Complexity Mitchell Waldrop
The God Delusion Richard Dawkins
The Selfish Gene Richard Dawkins
Climibing Mount Improbable Richard Dawkins
The Greatest Show on Earth Richard Dawkins
Shadows of the Mind Roger Penrose
The Road to Reality Roger Penrose
Programming the Universe Seth Lloyd
A Brief History of Time Stephen Hawking
The Universe in a Nutshell Stephen Hawking
At Home in the Universe Stuart Kauffman
The User Illusion Tor Norretranders

No comments:

Post a Comment